Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Don't bastardize that!

Fan art is something that exists whether we want it to or not. I for one can appreciate both excellent fan art as well as the horrible. They both have their own merits. The former can inspire you or leave you in awe, while the latter can...well, it really just makes me feel angry and somewhat nauseated, to be honest. So why do I keep punishing myself like this? God only knows. I'm going on a tangent, though. My point is that often a fan artist can completely insult the series that they're paying tribute to, completely unwittingly. They can just utterly bastardize something. If you've ever typed "furry" or "anime" into the DeviantART search engine, I'm sure you've seen fine examples of this. These are a few examples I've found that you may or may not appreciate. Please enjoy.

First up, If you were to take two Hot Topic subcategories of gay, the Hot Topic anime fan along with the Hot Topic goth and mix them together, you'd get this magnificent stain. The Naruto cast dressing up like the Sweeny Todd cast. That's not how hands work!


Courtesy of Drasus.

I don't have much to say about this next one. It's badly done. It's horrible. It hurts to see it, and to see a four-legged creature playing the part of a human is always astoundingly retarded to see.


Courtesy of Tierafoxglove.

The last two images I have come straight from the nightmares of anyone who cherishes their childhood. If you loved Recess or Lilo & Stitch, brace yourself. I couldn't figure out whether laughing or crying was the more appropriate response.


Courtesy of Kashissklay. (There's an actual comic, if you hate yourself that much.)

What's that title say? "Lilo and Stitch on a Date?" Well alright, then.



That's seriously creepy. What does the artist have to say about it?

"Here's Lilo and Stitch in human form (Mitch) out on a date. :)

This piccy was colored with Prismacolors color pencils, metallic gel inks, and drawn in straight ink (no pencilling) as usual. If anyone is interested in this piccy, send me a Note or e-mail me to order. :) E-mailing gets a faster response, so it's best to e-mail.

Sometimes my piccys are up for auction (there's usually something good up tho, so check daily ^.^)!
Please visit my Bidville, Yahoo, eBay Auctions..."


"Piccys," you say? Oh my! What I wouldn't give to have an original image of Lilo and Stitch's human form (Mitch) on a date hanging on my wall.

I should've put that one in the last entry, "Is this for real?".

2 comments:

  1. You obviously have No life. I would love to see your drawings.

    ReplyDelete